Monday, May 30, 2011

Would You Wear Shiny Metallic Pants?

At this spring’s New York Fashion Week, designers flaunted the Shiny Metallic Pants trend on the runways. This look was mostly seen in the form of trouser pants. Although they may seem difficult to wear, these pants have an ultra-edgy appeal. Some styles look like a more updated ode to the 1950s, while others seem entirely futuristic.

We’re used to seeing metallics in formal wear, dresses and even shorts, so I think metallic pants are a logical next step. However, I think when wearing these pants, it’s important to keep the rest of the outfit toned-down in order to not overwhelm yourself with too many trends.

This statement pant is definitely a look reserved for nightwear, but could it translate into a normal college girl’s wardrobe? I think so. If a metallic pant was toned down and in a denim shape as opposed to a trouser, it could make for the perfect going-out ensemble.

I just remembered I have the most flattering pair of vintage high waisted satin shiny black skinny pants! I wear them on dressier ocassions but have incorperated them intocasual wear before flawlessly. I usually wear them with a black satin trimed tuexdo blazer and a white tailored tuexdo bibbed button up. its my female tux lol.funny I find I most it the most flattering than any skinny jeans I have zentai suits on. 

I have seen shiney pants worn with several diffrent more casual fabrics for a rocker edge and I think that is key to pulling them off. In words, I love the metallic look – it's exciting and looks fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment